University has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products.
Faculty, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching,
research, and learning. The license allows individuals to install the products
on university-owned equipment, as well as personally owned computers.
MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of
technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development,
data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical
environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and
embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for
specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
1. Go to our MATLAB
Portal - Select ‘Sign in to get started’ under the Get MATLAB and
2. Login using your James Madison University credentials
3. Log into your MathWorks
account that is associated to your University license.
4. Click the download button for the current release. (Users can
also download previous releases here).
5. Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
1. Run the installer.
2. In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and
follow the online instructions.
3. When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount
license labeled Individual.
4. Select the products you want to download and install.
5. After downloading and installing your
products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
6. Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
Assistance? Contact Mathworks for installation support
Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
Return to Computing Support Software Page
- MATLAB Onramp – Learn MATLAB in
just 2 hours
- MATLAB Online – Instant access
to MATLAB from a web browser
- MATLAB Mobile- Evaluate
MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results –
all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Videos and Webinars – Search for
videos by application or product to learn about the vast capabilities and
uses of MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Examples – A collection of
free and reusable code plus examples on how to use MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Grader – Automatically
grade MATLAB code and run your problems in any learning environment